Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Terrifying Experience

We have made it to our last supporting church up here in Sexsmith, Alberta at Grace Bible Fellowship.  We have been fortunate to have "family" up here as the Lovrod family is not blood related, but don't tell our kids that.  They have a house that can hold the four of us in a single room, so we have been all together, and will be until the middle of July, when we pack everything and move to Manitoba.

On a side note, they are BlueBombers fans in Manitoba, and my 2nd cousin (Teague Sherman) plays safety for them, so I may (but probably wont) cheer a bit for the home team (Unless they play the Eskimos of course).

Well, back to the story, we are on a farm and me being a carpenter, there are always things to do around the yard like building a deck and a roof over the entranceway, but I can't complain as they are putting up with us for a month and not charging us room and board.

On the farm, there are many things to get into for a small child.  These items include a creek nearby and a dugout, both of which contain water that my son could drown in as when he sees the water, he runs full tilt.  We were loading up some of the scraps from the deck to take to the dump and Jolen was going to come with us men to do the manly work of smelling like garbage at the landfill.

All of a sudden, he was gone.  "Oh no!" I thought, so I bolted for the creek, screaming his name, hoping to hear some sort of sound from his little lungs, but nothing.  In a panic, I ran faster only to hear a "Wheeeeee!  Wheeeeeeee!  Wheeeee!"

I caught a glimpse of him.
 
Without a doubt, that boy is going to grow up to be a farmer.
 
It did make me think of the parables Jesus told of the lost coin and sheep.  The rejoicing that went on when they were found.  And how Jesus relates the celebration to that in Heaven when a person who is lost, finds his way to Jesus.  A time of terror, turns to one of pure joy!
 
Thank you again for all of your prayers as I will be making our final presentation on July 6.
 
We have a place to rent in Dauphin, a 3 bedroom duplex that is a wee bit (as in a lot) less expensive than the house I had shown earlier, we are so excited as we continue on this journey towards heaven that we call life on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment