Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What a Week! (And it's only Tuesday)

As I stated in the title, it's only Tuesday! Monday started off with a bang as I finished up one of my last papers in the morning, went to class and heard a sermon on Psalm 23, The Lord is my Shepherd, and then called about my distance education course and found out I do not have the proper percent to pass and I may not be graduating. I misunderstood one assignment and through many phone calls, meetings and emails I found out I can rewrite the assignment this week. Then Tuesday happened. We woke up at 2:30 am because we had to go to Edmonton for passport duties, drove to Grande Prairie and picked up Ellianna, and then disaster. Jolen was crying in the backseat and we came up to a green light, Colleen said "Thank you Lord for the green light!" as Jolen loves driving and doesn't like stopping, roughly one minute later a deer ran in front of our Jeep and we hit it. Colleen was quite aware of her surroundings as we hit the deer, Ellianna, who was sleeping in the backseat, did not wake up and the airbags did not go off, it was like we simply glided to a stop without even feeling a bump when we hit the deer.

 Everyone is safe, except the deer and vehicle, but one thing Colleen said struck me, "I wish we wouldn't have had a green light." Isn't that interesting? Do we wish God hadn't allowed things we are thankful for to happen? What was a blessing one minute felt like a curse the next. My mind went back to the sermon I heard earlier in the week. Are we resting in Him? The Lord is the one who guides us!

 Also, I was convicted about my checklist for God. Am I saying, "here God take these prayer requests and I can handle the rest," instead of "it is all yours God!" So, the prayer requests are there, but the checklist is gone; it is all in His hands! Well, there is still 45 minutes left in the day, let's see what adventure God has in store for the rest of the day and week. And may we continually rest and find peace in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment