Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bean There...


For those of you not familiar with Pinto McBean of Bow Island, Pinto waves to all passing through Bow Island on Highway 3.  This was our first experience sharing our story and journey formally to the Bow Island Evangelical Free Church in both Sunday School and the morning service.  I am not exactly sure what I was expecting, maybe that all 100 prayer letters given out would return back on the same day they were given out and our trip would be paid for after one Sunday of raising funds.  Or that with May coming upon us, if 4 people sign up a day to give $25 a month, our trip would be covered.

Lately God has been reminding me that His blessings for me (us) are not what we choose, they are much greater.  If I had chosen my blessings, I would be in Mozambique as a full time missionary but with no children; God chose to not let us go but we are blessed with 2 beautiful bundles of joy.

Again this happened in Bow Island.  We had 9 people sign up to join with us in daily prayer for our ministry. Back to my month of May example, we are required to get 15 people praying daily and that amounts to 1 person every 2 days to sign up.  And 9 signed up in one day!!!!  More than that, one of the people to sign up  was the pastor's daughter who is in grade 5.  Grade 5 and already a heart for missions, and when we talked to her about our trip, she was genuinely interested, really grasping the vision of raising up youth by teaching them the truths of the Bible.  Thank you God that I don't get to choose my blessings because I would have missed the genuine heart of a girl in grade 5.

Also, Thank you Bow Island for everything you have given, time, prayers, finances, encouragement, my wife! etc.  You are truly a blessing around the world

No comments:

Post a Comment