Thursday, September 5, 2013

Patience Proves Persistent

Wow, the week is gone yet again and everything revolved around patience.
Wow, it was a three month process, but God (as always) proves faithful... He still would be faithful if the house hadn't sold either.  So as of the end of this month we are homeless (in Canada at least).

So this week I was teaching on Abraham and his patience.  And when I say patience, I mean patience.  To make a long class short I will give you the Cliff's notes version.  Abraham was called to be a great nation when he was 75 years old.  Isaac was not born until Abraham was 100 - 25 years waiting for the promised son.  Then, Isaac doesn't get married until he is 40 and then another 20 years before Jacob and Esau are born.  So, if you do the math, 25 years + 40 years + 20 years gives 85 years for Abraham to see the fruit of that promise.  And even then there was only 3 pieces of fruit.  The kids in my class are 15 so, if God was to, for example, call them to be a Pastor, they would not preach until they were 100 years old.  The message sunk in pretty good.

Through this class, I also was able to share a little bit of my own testimony and God's timing is not our own.  I felt the call to go overseas at around the age of 12, but did not go over on my/our own, without someone holding our hand, until now at age 31.  19 years, that means I have been waiting on the Lord for longer than my students have been alive.  I told them, think back to your earliest memory, and that memory is newer than the length I have been waiting to go.

Also,
Ellianna's birth day!
Jolen's birth day!
3+ years of dating and 7 wonderful years of marriage without children, (we thought we were being patient) we have now had 2 years of them showing us how un-patient we are!

And on a super exciting patient type perseverance thing.  Amanda accepted Christ!  Colleen and I were talking and dancing and Jolen stood up and Praised Jesus Too

We have been praying for her for 4 years and it is pretty cool when you feel like you maybe played some small part in someone accepting Christ!  So stop right now and say a prayer for her as she needs the body of Christ to hold her up as we all need each other!

If you remember us in prayer, Russian is a tough language so pray for us as we patiently learn new concepts and apply them!

Now, hopefully all my patience proves itself this year with the Edmonton Oilers!

No comments:

Post a Comment